The Australian Psychology Accreditation Council Limited (APAC) is an independent not-for-profit quality and standards organisation, appointed as an external accreditation entity under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009.
APAC’s mission is to protect the public by conducting accreditation activities that ensure graduates of accredited programs receive a high quality education and are well equipped to employ their psychological knowledge and skills in the community. This includes, where relevant, being sufficiently qualified and competent to meet the registration requirements of the Psychology Board of Australia.
APAC’s activities include:
- Developing standards for the education and training of psychologists for approval by the Psychology Board of Australia
- Assessing higher education providers and the programs of study they offer to determine whether they meet the approved accreditation standards
- Monitoring accredited education providers and their Programs of Study to ensure they continue to meet the Approved Accreditation Standards
- Assessing accrediting and examining authorities in other countries to determine if graduates of the authorities’ examinations or accredited programs of study have the knowledge, skills and professional attributes necessary to practise the profession in Australia
- Supporting higher education providers in developing and maintaining high quality programs of education and training in psychology
- Advising and consulting to a range of stakeholders including the the Psychology Board of Australia, governments, education providers and professional bodies on matters of education and training relevant to the psychology profession and discipline
Work with us at APAC:
APAC offers great diversity and challenge within our accreditation services unit roles. We are a small, friendly team who undertake our important work with dedication and enthusiasm. Our modern, professional office is set in a prestigious Melbourne CBD location, where we enjoy a healthy and happy work environment.
If you have sound knowledge of psychology education pathways, you are familiar with the higher education environment and have worked in either a Faculty or Departmental Office, we would love to hear from you!
As APAC is a regulatory body, if you want to work with us, it is essential that you have a keen eye for detail and pay meticulous attention to accuracy and have efficient record-keeping skills.
We are flexible if you want either full or part-time work in the following areas:
Assistance with the co-ordination of accreditation assessments
Committee administration support
Strong IT proficiency
Solid administrative skills